Sunday, March 11, 2018

Going to a Theater (Minus the Movie)

Continuosly watching movie trailers makes me feel like I'm in a loop. Like I'm never going to get to the end of something. I just keep watching the birth of plots but not being given the privilege to see it through. It almost feels like torment until I remember what I'm doing this for. I'm trying to find out what genre I wanna base my trailer off of, but unfortunately, it hasn't hit me yet. Let's check off the list:

  • Horror/Thriller: These have never been my forte as I am terrible with scary movies. It also seems lazy to throw a group of clips together, introduce a "scary figure," and add in a couple of jump scares. NEXT
  • Comedy: This feels like its the hardest one to make. Trying to create a reasoning and meaning in a comedy trailer seems difficult, and frankly, there's a chance that interest can shrink with every "funny" joke used. NEXT
  • Action/Mystery: Although this was probably the most generic genre, it seems to make the most sense. All I would have to think about is an interesting plot to drag my viewer and hopefully, the rest will come to me. (...great process of elimination, I know.)
Like I said in my last post, I have watched many videos on the process of creating a trailer, and the Youtube Channel, Film Riot (my film bible), had a lot to talk about, specifically during post-production. You can see the video below:



No comments:

Post a Comment